Sunday, May 23, 2010

Ibuprofen contain gluten?

News: Gluten, wheat, dairy, and now I have IBS. What now???

According to a friend, CVS carries a gluten free ibuprofen brand. Is this true? I have been taking a pill with gluten in it?

If you think about it, gluten is cheap, and allows the parts of the pills, the chemicals bind together.

More research about that one late.

IMITATION CRAB in sushi contain gluten! BE careful.

My famous: Gluten free Sweet potato bread

1 cup sugar (use less, I find it still too sweet with 1 cup) **Actual recipe calls for 1.5 cups! Yikes talk about an "americanized recipe"

1/2 cup veggie oil/corn oil

2 eggs or 4 egg whites (apple sauce can be used as well)

1 3/4 cup mixture of corn and brown rice flour ** I use mostly corn flour

1 tsb baking soda

1/2 tsb cinnamon

1/2 nutmeg

1/4 cup of milled flax seeds **optional

1 cup organic sweet potato Puree (Trader joes or Arbor farms carries this, not whole foods--:( )

1/2 cup any type of nuts. ** I recommend walnuts

** This is my opinion, and I have added other ingredients to accommodate my health needs. The flax seed is for the omega 3 oils. Thats the beauty of baking, you can add, subtract, and make the recipes to way you want to.


No comments:

Post a Comment